Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Proxy detected??  (Read 2286 times)
RedGuard

« on: March 21, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »

Hello,

I had something very strange happen to me tonight.. and I have no idea what to do. I was hoping someone in here could help.

I sat down at the computer getting ready to do some offers. Upon logging on to a GPT site I visit, I got this prompt.

"You have been detected using a proxy."

Then I was marked at a "Cheater" and couldn't do anything other than leave the admin a trouble ticket.

I was ~shocked~.. I've been doing offers on GPT sites for a ~long~ time.. and never had this happen!

So I left a trouble ticket.. I figured it was just a glitch with the GPT site, no big worry.. it will be settled. So then I went to another GPT site and it happened again! "You have been detected using a proxy." And once again I got marked as a cheater! Now I was worried.

Asking around I had someone explain to me what a proxy is, and he told me to check my ip at this site.
http://www.whatismyip.com/

I did that, and it said:

Your IP Address Is: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
No Proxy Detected

No proxy detected? So why do these sites say I'm using one?? I'm scared to log on to any more sites for fear of getting marked as a cheater. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I use Google Chrome, I never changed ANY settings on it.. so why is this happening to me?

I'm totally confused, if anyone could tell me what could be going on I'd be very grateful!

DCT
Elite

L3T M3 T3LL YOU 4BOUT HOM3STUCK

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 09:36:43 PM »

are we talking about PR or some other site you use? because I never known Pr to use the term "cheater" when it bans someone.

Start date: 8/24/2010

DCT's Golden Rules of The Internet

1. Don't ever argue with a idiot, only thing that will happen is you getting dragged down to their level and then get beaten by experience

2. If you find yourself in any discussion on the internet where someone has to be right see rule 1 and step away from the keyboard, it doesn't matter if they think they "won" or that they will continue going on through life not knowing how stupid there being just walk away.
mechanicalr
Elite

Koi No Yokan

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 09:37:47 PM »

Hello,

I had something very strange happen to me tonight.. and I have no idea what to do. I was hoping someone in here could help.

I sat down at the computer getting ready to do some offers. Upon logging on to a GPT site I visit, I got this prompt.

"You have been detected using a proxy."

Then I was marked at a "Cheater" and couldn't do anything other than leave the admin a trouble ticket.

I was ~shocked~.. I've been doing offers on GPT sites for a ~long~ time.. and never had this happen!

So I left a trouble ticket.. I figured it was just a glitch with the GPT site, no big worry.. it will be settled. So then I went to another GPT site and it happened again! "You have been detected using a proxy." And once again I got marked as a cheater! Now I was worried.

Asking around I had someone explain to me what a proxy is, and he told me to check my ip at this site.
http://www.whatismyip.com/

I did that, and it said:

Your IP Address Is: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
No Proxy Detected

No proxy detected? So why do these sites say I'm using one?? I'm scared to log on to any more sites for fear of getting marked as a cheater. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I use Google Chrome, I never changed ANY settings on it.. so why is this happening to me?

I'm totally confused, if anyone could tell me what could be going on I'd be very grateful!

Are you currently doing offers on Prize Rebel?

Need a sig? PM me for more details!
KryptoniteKrunch
Elite

It's Krunch Time.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 10:00:15 PM »

That sounds a lot like an issue that other members(including myself) are having/have had(minus the other GPT part). It's a problem with the advertiser; somehow, they detect you as proxy and won't let you do the offer. If you were actually using a proxy, the admins would find out and ban you. Besides, if you live in the U.S, proxies are useless since you can do the offers anyway. Sometimes the issue clears up by either the advertiser fixing it or by clearing cookies and cache. If those two options don't work, the offer is probably broken.

RedGuard

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »

Thanks SO much for the quick replies!

No, I didn't even try to log on to PR because of what happened at the first two GPT sites I use.. not until I figure out what's going on.

And this didn't happen while doing offers.. this happened as ~soon~ as I logged into the GPT site. Again, I'm totally shocked and hope that I can get my accounts back. Nothing worse than being branded a "cheater" when you're totally innocent.
KryptoniteKrunch
Elite

It's Krunch Time.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 10:34:42 PM »

I know some GPT sites that operate like that. Seems normal, but I don't think it's a very good thing to do to new members. Thankfully PR doesn't do that.

NinjaGlare
Elite

Nissan GTR

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 09:02:47 PM »

i am having the same problem and it says No Proxy Detected either.....and parents don't want me to reset router ._.

JohnnyBell
Elite

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 08:38:50 AM »

I had the same thing, like my computer was not available at the moment cuz my sister needed it and I tried doind some surveys on my phone at my house (it accepted cookies) and that proxy thing showed up, I got scared. Then when the computer was available I tried doing some surveys on the front page and it said the same thing for like 4 surveys and I really thought it was only me and I thought I was gonna be ban

Goals:

Nintendo Wii U Premium Edition (32GB)- 280/387.85
New Super Mario Bros U- 50/60
parksboys2295

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »

Yeah for some of these new offers, it's saying your Ip is detected as a known proxy. I've been doing offers on gpt sites for more than two years. This has never happened before. I think some of these new offers are broken.
Excoria

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 07:11:24 PM »

Yep I've had that happen to me as well on some of the newer and easy looking offers...  Sad
NinjaGlare
Elite

Nissan GTR

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 07:36:22 PM »

Yep I've had that happen to me as well on some of the newer and easy looking offers...  Sad

exactly, only the easy looking .5-.10 ones that say sign up with valid info.... lumineers is one and botox, etc.

isaihtb11
Elite

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 07:38:27 PM »

Lol I only had this problem like twice.

Current Points: 891
Credited Offers: 830
Updated: February 2nd 2013  12:08AM EST

Prizes: 58

paspas

When an offer doesn't credit

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 09:23:27 PM »

exactly, only the easy looking .5-.10 ones that say sign up with valid info.... lumineers is one and botox, etc.

Same with me. And that's a big reason why I couldn't get 15 offers in this weekend  Angry

JohnnyBell
Elite

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 05:05:17 PM »

Same with me. And that's a big reason why I couldn't get 15 offers in this weekend  Angry

yo same here couldnt fully do the 15 surveys for the week.  Sad I needed those 2 points cuz im getting a wii points card. About 10 more points i need.  Sad Man this week 15 surveys are hard.

Goals:

Nintendo Wii U Premium Edition (32GB)- 280/387.85
New Super Mario Bros U- 50/60
NinjaGlare
Elite

Nissan GTR

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 08:37:19 PM »

i did, but it was hard

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to:  

PrizeRebel Facebook | PrizeRebel twitter | Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines